PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 45x35x16 - What a ridiculous set of measurements!
Old 8th Sep 2006, 16:59
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Angel

Perhaps the best part of the new bag regs and searches is the inconsistency from one airport to another.

Going through LTN (for IOM) yesterday and I was not asked to remove the belt that I was asked to remove at LHR three weeks earlier. Cameras may, or may not, cause concern. When I return on Monday, I know that the inspection on IOM departure is very strict and they remove more belts and open a lot of bags. Naturally, they tell me that they all work to the same standards and if other airports do not inspect as closely as they do, then that must be laxity on their part, rather than IOM being too strict.

Also, a 3.5cm blade (and VERY sharp) also went through again (by accident) but it is in my shoulder bag and goes through because the shape of the blade is non conventional.

Fortunately, I did remember to take out of my bag a metal tube of Anthisan (anti-itch cream for insect bites) and so my fellow pax were safe. Phew ...