PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2006, 14:35
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ***warning***

Having decided to have brief look at the Dunnunda forums I have been appalled at the amount of cr@p that has been posted on these forums since I last looked a long time ago. Too many threads appear to deteriorate into p!ssing contests between spotters and enthusiasts about who knows more than the other about the airline industry.

From now on I am instructing the mods to be especially vigilant and if ANY post is not connected in some way to PROFESSIONAL PILOTS then it will either be deleted or moved to a more appropriate forum such as, for example: Airlines, Airports & Routes; Cabin Crew; Private Flying; Biz Jets & GA; Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner); Military Aircrew or whatever. For far too long this forum has become a scrap heap for anything that has wings and recently even news items that have absolutely nothing to do with aviation let alone professional pilots.

The time has come for you all to realise that PPRuNe stands for The Professional Pilots Rumour Network. If you have an urge to discuss something about PPL's and it is related to something to do with getting a professional licence then it goes into the Private Flying forum. If someone crashes their C150 or PA28 or whatever then it goes in the private flying forum as long as the aircraft was involved in some way in training someone for their professional licence. If it is just Joe Bloggs who was out for a joyride then it doesn't go on PPRuNe. There are enough enthusiasts sites out there where you can argue to your hearts content about the minutae of general aviation. If it isn't related to Professioanl Piloting then it doesn't belong on here.

I suggest to those of you with a bent for arguing the point that you find yourself another website as I will not be entertaining argument about my decision to get these forums back on their original intended track as you may find a wasted effort, especially with long winded responses that may get deleted. Sod free speech. I pay for this website and I decide what does and what doesn't remain on here. Forewarned is forearmed!