PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Recruiting and Ts & Cs
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2006, 14:28
72jetjok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment day

Just got back and, to be honest, feeling a bit disappointed with the much vaunted Pilot Recruitment Day.
I'm very keen to return to professional aviation after a 3 year 'lay off' but I don't think it will be with Flybe. I'm sure it will suit some people but at my grand age (50++) I don't really relish the idea of 4 and 5 sector days starting at some Godforsaken hour in the morning preceded by an hour or so of commuting from **** to Birmingham (assuming I was given Bhx).
Anyway all the right people were there saying all the right things (mostly), though the Flybe management team were never outnumbered by pilots, at least not whilst I was there!
Money and Ts and Cs were as previously quoted on this thread; by the way they're just looking for Q400 Captains at the moment. (Little hope of flying the 195 jet in anything less than about 5 years!).
Lots of talk about an imminent pay rise - but they would say that I suppose. Also several people saying how hard we would be working but that it will improve as time goes on, etc., etc. (Think I've heard that a few times over the last 25 years or so!).
There it is in a nutshell. Like I say it may well suit some but it doesn't really suit my own circumstances.
Anyway it's not all negative - I did get a cup of tea and a glass of still water!
Hope the inflight service is a bit more generous....!