PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2006, 06:27
reacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I guess you old fart? Being humble never really suited you

I echo most of Jokers thoughts, I used to hate hearing people say there's nothing you can do to prepare for the final stages... but guess what? It's true! You can prepare for the whole experience by knowing as much as possible about everything military and military aviation specifically. But in the end, when the pressure is on, you are who you are.

Start buying every aviation and military mag available.Start spending a lot of time on the defence home page learning where everyone in the ADF is at the moment, what their role is and how they do it. Start spending to much time on pprune. Hell, even subject yourself to reading Dale Brown books. Sometimes that won’t be enough, or just enough as might be the case for someone I know.

Best advice, get down to DFR ASAP and get into the selection process for ADFA.
Unless you are an aviation god who can do inverted circuits in a glider then DEO probably isn’t for you.

Ok, that last bit was a bit of an in joke, but if you went DEO, you would most probably get hammered on maturity, motivation to fly (seeing as you have no time) and leadership potential as you just don’t have the life skills to call on that others in the course would.

On the other hand, if you went ADFA the OSB knows that you won’t be showing all those skills mentioned above. They will be looking for the POTENTAIL to develop those skills via 3-4 yrs in a military environment. Besides, what do you have to lose doing the ADFA selection this year?

Signing off, and back to waiting.

Last edited by reacher; 8th Sep 2006 at 06:31. Reason: eye kant spel