PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air and Sky Chef
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 22:45
futureflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi gulfboy!

I'm a boy-chef (haha! somehow it's funny saying that!) and just approaching 21 soon which is why I'm considering it.

Oh it sounds like a good job! I like assembling meals and playing Lego and interacting with pax...oh love it! I currently work in an open kitchen and we talk to the guests all the time. Sometimes I wonder why don't I just become a waiter!...and how hard can it be serving a handful of pax in first!...serving the pilots could be harder! haha

I have to say I love your description of chucking the potato at the daft waiter! Hahaha! I think I would be fine at that... I hardly ever blow my top and I don't belive at shouting at people...sounds cheesy I know but it's true!

Is the $3700 you mentioned including allowances?... it doesn't sounds like much yes, but its a heck alot more than what I'm earning now!
How much does a normal GF f/a earn?...just for comparisions sake...

Oh and one more thing... for the sky chefs, what kind of routes do they do? only the long hauls?

-tired all the time, well... i'm already there...
-manky hotel room..u guys dont stay in too manky hotels do ya?? the one in Sydney is pretty sweet!
-loosing touch with the real industry..hmm...to be honest I never see myself working in a commercial kitchen for my entire life so it shouldn't be a problem! I'd probably stick to the industry but i don't think i'd be back of house, in the horrible world of a kitchen for long!....which is another reason why i'm thinking of this!

btw, i take it you fly for them? where r u from?

thanks!!