PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Over for Aer Lingus in Four Weeks as BA Gives Thumbs Down to Investment
Old 28th Oct 2001, 14:41
The Guvnor

Cool

Actually, the reason I posted this article - amongst many others - is that it is highly relevant both in that it is (a) an airline; and (b) a company that a number of PPRuNers are employed by.

In addition, whist a large proportion of PPRuNers are UK based, it is incredibly naive on the part of certain people to assume that everyone sits down with the London Sunday Times every Sunday morning!

Jet A1 - if you didn't appreciate the fact that the Malgus scheme's figures simply didn't make logical sense - as was pointed out by numerous people including WWW and IFR as well as myself - then I think you're in the wrong game as a decent grasp of basic maths is essential even for a PPL!

I certainly take no pleasure in posting downbeat stories - I would much rather be posting stories that show business is recovering but over the last week I've only found one of those (confirming that Blue Fox was still intending to launch next spring as planned). Unfortunately, some people preferred to 7500 it to attack a 767 captain with whom they had problems.

At the same time, it's important to be realistic - there are too many people out there saying that everything will be fine in a couple of months which patently isn't going to be the case. This recession is going to take years - not months - and it's only just started. And this, by the way, is one forecast that I would be only too happy to be proven wrong on!