PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod plane crash in Afghanistan - Condolences thread (no tech or update info)
Old 7th Sep 2006, 19:45
Capt Widebody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having posted my condolences with a heavy heart and a skinful on Saturday night, I'm now sitting here reading these hundreds of posts and touching poems in memory to the brave guys, and it brings a lump to my throat.

We all remember those long coach joureys to South Cerney and the like, or the four-jet taxis laid on to and from Brize; sometimes for us, sometimes by us for others. So thank I would like to say thank you very much to the powers that be for making the right decision to bring the boys back to Kinloss.

I would also like to say how proud I was to see a Nimrod (29, I think) rolling at Lossiemouth yesterday lunchtime, and then hearing another, maybe the same one, doing circuits at Linton on my return. I heard that there was one down at Cranwell too. Thank you for showing us all that the Mighty Hunter is still here, strong as ever, in the midst of these terrible times. I am sure you went out of your way to do this, and I am sure it is what all of those returning for the last time next Tuesday would have wanted.

For all of you up at ISK, I know you are looking after all of the friends, relatives and each other really well. I'm thinking of you all.

CW.