PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 7th Sep 2006, 19:26
euromanxdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank goodness other crews are in the same boat!!!!
Past few weeks has been utter frustration at fraggle rock intl airport.
Few days after 10th aug myself and 3 other members of the crew went through the crew channel. My bag went through x-ray next to a similar crew bag. My collegue was pulled aside and was told her entire overnight kit to be confiscated - while my bag was given the ok - it still had the almost same amount of stuff in it, ie toothpaste, deodrant etc etc.
Next time i wasnt so lucky so was informed i could check my crew bag in which i did succesfully and retrieve it at the aircraft steps.
But, alas...the next day i was informed that crew were no longer informed they could do this...only way was to take overnight kit out.
For two weeks we managed having to give up our stuff...but unfortantly ...recently had to nightstop...didnt have any overnight kit resulting in a mad dash to boots in the airport.
Dont mean to sound like a moaner...fully understand that security are only doing their jobs...its just that rules seem to be changing day to day. Some staff will let you take your essential night kit trough...but the next day a collegue wont. It has led in a few delays....especially after heated debates between security and female cabin crew who refused to give up their prized pocessions of expensive make up - would never want to get on the wrong side of them - always the quiet ones you have to look out for.
But defo agree and so do many crews of many airlines ... at our airline all the essentials in our nightstop kit are classed as a must have as part of a duty.....after working 6/7 hours and on the last sector..pax are getting complimentary BO as well as drinks.