PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Learners ?
Thread: New Learners ?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 18:12
davidatter708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For landings you need to find a way that suits you best. I'm currently 16hrs and doing solo nav's and i've tried a couple of different methods of landings here are three i tried
1. stay high and then cut the power and float the whole way down like a practise forced landing. This is ok except that you might find that it is difficult to judge the flair
2. Use some power (c152 about 1500rpm) 700 ft final and use a powered decent and then when over the threshold power to idle and flair when appropiate
however the one i find the best and maybe not the most used is
3. lower final than usual and then keep height with more power so you drag the aircraft in this gives a flatter decsent so it is easier to judge the flair when you get there. be aware however that as soon as you reduce the power when over the threshold your speed will drop and you will stall so only take the power back when your about 3ft then power back and a nice flair should give you nice landing.
However it depends on the conditions such as wind speed and direction and what you are happiest with so try them out and see what u think
hope this helps
David