PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you know about SACTA???
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 15:29
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEXIL160
BD...
You've mentioned two failures (and how many project or other managers were retrained / redeployed / sacked after them? I'd be very supprised if anyome carried the can)
NATS and NERL are a business someone is held accountable.
Try SIS. It does not have the functionality of the CCTV system or canopy maps it has replaced. A waste. It's not possible to even search it unless you know EXACTLY what you're looking for.
Built before we had the internet browsers we have today, if only that technology was available then you'd have a similar system. Its going to be replaced by nSIS but not until CASPIAN.
TLPD... Not really fit for purpose, is it? Named as a causal factor in how many incidents so far?
TLPD is a casual factor or the FACT that the user is not using it as they should be?
It has always been protrayed as a glowing success. Repeat it often enough and some people start to believe that fiction.
Do the electronic coordinations (as they have been since Jan02) REALLY help us handle more traffic?
Well with monitor values up 50% on West Drayton, delays down, SSE's down etc. etc. and a centre moving more traffic than anywhere else in Europe I personally would say its a resounding success.

So, one of the biggest f**k ups of all time. I give you the NERC project,
A marvellous success for the reasons above
which I am forced to use on a daily basis
No ones forcing you to work there. You can always resign

BD