PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 7th Sep 2006, 15:21
speedtapeking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read all these pilots - why should i take my shoes etc threads along with we have the axe etc. Well here's a thought.

Behind you in the security queue is the unsung heroe the lonely engineer. he goes through the same performance not once but probably 10 times a shift. He has no food airside due to security, he works for 12 hours on yor jets with no food/drink etc. Still feel safe?

why take his shoes off? ever weighed up his tool box? why does he need to smuggle a knife in with a box full of stanley knives etc but he carnt go to the chinky for his tea! Do you know of a reestaurant open in your average airport at 3am ? especially mid winter ?

And i will leave you with a thought. you worry about your shoes and argue you can bring the jet down. Well as you sleep at the dark end of the ramp is the lonely engineer. He can spend 12 hrs undoing bits on the jet and guarntee when you call rotate you dont and go straight off the end. But does anyone ever query what we do ? No. they are more worried about us bringing gravy in on our chips. The world is barking !

So remember you have one row on your way in then get fed and watered. there are others that have the performance day in day out multiple time with no food or water etc. dont forget the tug drivers, bag lads,dispatchers and the deadly engineer !!