PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Connect
Thread: BA Connect
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 11:18
Centralwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is refreshing to read that there are other customers out there who are not interested in the basic LCC product. I do not consider BACON a LCC and last month enjoyed a return flight MAN-GLA-MAN with them for what I considered a good value fare. The product was well received:

1) When buying the ticket I did not have to decide if or how many items of checked baggage I may require and consequently have to extra pay for this service.
2) I received Frequent Flyer Points for my affiliation programme for another ONEWorld alliance carrier (Iberia).
3) I was allocated a seat at check-in and did not have to partake in a rugby scrum at the boarding gate.
4) The aircraft (Dash-8) was well prepared for service, clean, and the crew were caring and professional throughout the journey.
5) The ground support is there both visibly and behind the scenes if and when things do not go according to plan (e.g.: mishandled baggage, flight cancelled, lengthy delay, etc.).
6) The on-board service was an extensive menu and reasonably priced (the afternoon tea including 2 sandwiches, Devonshire Scone, and coffee for 4 quid being a definite winner!)
7) The choice of flight timing and frequency on this route at least was excellent, a good spread of flights throughout the day.

All in all I would, and have, recommended BACON. However, I only wish more managers would understand that not everyone wants an LCC experience and a desire for a "traditional" airline product still exists among many business and leisure travellers in the regions and from hub airports. For me BACON is not in the same business as a LCC for the reasons outlined above and should therefore not try to be........

CW