PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 10:36
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1d2d..

Congratulations. I bet it wasn't as bad as you were expecting!

I completely failed to report my ppl pass on here. It was back on one of those incredibly hot days in July. Had a brilliant NAV section in the morning, followed by a general handling session during which I entered a spiral dive from my first attempt at a steep turn and nearly exceeded Vne on recovery

Nonetheless, my examiner clearly thought I got enough right to pass me. The circuit work was very interesting, because it was so hot that my pa28 was practically scraping the trees at the end of Wycombe's runway, during the touch and goes.

I have taken two victims flying so far - a friend who had flown quite a lot before, followed by my father in law, who was pretty nervous.

My wife wants a trip next week - but she's always really calm, so should be fun.

I think it's really important to select your first passenger post qualification carefully. You will be a little tense yourself (all that new responsibility) and the last thing you want is to get distracted having to calm someone down. If you can, I would really recommend choosing someone who is comfortable flying in small aircraft and knows what to expect.

Mazzy, sorry to hear about your dad. My dad passed away long before I took up flying, which was a shame because he was in aviation himself. He worked on the Comet testing programme and Concorde development at Farnborough.

Happy flying everyone.

HH