PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 06:26
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okai so no one on here is a ditzy 18yr old, regardless if they're 18yrs old, they musn't be ditzy, as they're doing their research!!
Wow FYD a double degree, awesome girl!!
Yeh I have naturally real blonde streaked hair and when peeps see me, they probably think 'there goes a dirty' but hell, I kick butt academically, and I don't mean to sound pompous... I won a scholarship just last year, out of all the other 200 and something candidates, and given the fact that I have a hectic home life, and two jobs at that time!
Njsboi, its good too see that you've gotten to be a FA eventhough you didn't complete yr 12.. sad though how the way its heading, most companies these day want year 12, a degree and experience... when my bf finished his advanced diploma in IT (tafe) and started to apply, no one would even give him an interview eventhough he had the right qualifications and certificates, he didn't have the minimum 2yrs that most companies wanted you to previously have in IT... he did however, have about 3yrs experience in telemarketing.. and when he went for a job interview with NEC (his third actual interview) they asked him bluntly, 'why should we hire you when you have no IT experience other then your course, and what you do at home?' and he said just and bluntly back 'everyone has to start somewhere' and a few hours later, got the call I guess it all depends also on how you present yourself... and many other factors... and obviously njsboi, you must be doing something right, because this company has overlooked the fact that you haven't completed VCE, so congrats there!!
I'm rambling on now... toodles, off to study, study, STUDY!