PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air and Sky Chef
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 06:22
futureflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gulf Air and Sky Chef

Hey all you high fliers out there!

I have been reading this forum for a while now and just decided to register and start posting so don't bite

I have always had a secret intention, by secret meaning everyone knows except my parents, to be a F/A and have always loved flying, aviation, etc. I also have cousins who are F/A's and everytime I speak to them I just feel a little bit more inclined to run off and join the airlines!

Now, here's what I want to ask... I am a qualified chef and when I saw that GF has sky chefs on board, I thought why not! So is there anyone here that's a sky chef?? or if not, any GF f/a's how is it working for GF? Any information would be much appreciated! the pay, the conditions, living in BAH, whatever! ... Oh and btw... what does "weight in porportion to height" really mean??? ... I'm not fat but not exactly shapely either!
and also, are sky chefs trained like the f/a's, only they have something extra to do?

If i can be a chef and a f/a the same time, why shouldn't I join right!...if it doesn't work out, I just might join EK or something since they do so many recruitments here in Sydney!...but having said that, I love flying with EK but not sure how it would be as an employer!...

Thanks guys! I love this forum!