PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RedBull AirFarce
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2006, 20:11
andyb79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone that didn't actually make it to Longleat, here's a summary of what happened when we arrived. After driving at an average speed of 5miles per hour, we arrived at the end of a 7 hour journey and ditched the car at the side of the access road due to not being able to go any further as everyone was now exiting and walked into the venue. It became an exciting afternoon of the petting zoo and the safari boats in order to keep my better half entertained. We then ate the world's most expensive (and most disgusting) burger, to pass the time in order to be able to leave the place. By this point, could not have given a **** whether the race was on or not and my girlfriend would probably have shot them down had it gone ahead. The highlight of the day was seeing a doddery old man in velvet trousers which I believe are a common sighting on the 'Animal Farm' programme - and my girlfriend never even got to "ogle the Fogle" which was the reason she gave me for agreeing to go, and there was no free Red Bull to give us energy to go on living