PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Imposes Work Rules on Controllers
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2006, 03:51
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Flower;

Lord where do I start??? If I can find a link where it all can be shown, I will put it on here. The FAA had it on their site and pulled it when the news media was looking at it and beating them about the shoulders with it <G>...

Minor stuff like dress code, and major stuff like five year pay freeze and draconian pay rules for everyone. The new hires are coming in as a B-scale and will get much less then the certified controllers who are here now. The agency is also looking at downgrading many facilities and with the new pay rules there is no save pay for the folks that are there, you just get a pay cut.

Lets see there is also only guaranteeing <sp> you two weeks of bid leave a year the rest you grab as you can. Watch schedule that is going to be even more draconian than what we work now so as to staff to traffic <sigh>... Being able to force you to take vacation when you don't want to, they can call you in for two hours overtime whenever they want, hold you over for an hour whenever they want, and the list goes on and on... It's really a wonderful thing...

regards

Scott