PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad week for Australia
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2006, 01:23
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow.
Movin up, you are the complete tossbag. And so say all of us
I say we should declare a jihad on you. And perhaps that noise bag in England too. Perhaps she just ran out of bras to burn.

For the rest of us:
However, let's not make this man out to be anything more than a very good showman,
I disagree. It was continually noted that Steve was anything but. He did not suddenly change into this showman when the cameras rolled, he was like that 24/7. What you saw on TV was what his kids and wife got at home. There was no "showman" element.

In fact, Steve Irwin was a great Australian. He bought hundreds of millions of dollars to both the Australian economy and to wildlife protection. He prodcued employment on a massive scale, put a smile on millions of faces and has created the largest privately owned conservation areas on the planet. He was a role model father and husband to a family whose pain must be unbearable. And he loved helicopters. What other criteria could we bring to the qulaification of "Great Australian"?

I think that many snobby Aussies looked down on Steve because of his vernacular and the tall poppy culture practiced as a national sport over here. But I would much sooner have my kids saying "crikey", "streuth mate" and "beaut bum" than "yo man", "that's sick dude", and "nice butt" as regurgitated from MTV.

RIP Cobber. Your family can be bloody proud of you.