PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad week for Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 22:14
heliduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something which isn't show-boated in Steve Irwins documentaries is that he spent a lot of money purchasing private land in critical habitats & locking it up to conserve endangered species, cassowary habitats in FNQ for example. This didn't bring him any accolades or tv ratings so I assume he did it because he was passionate about it & genuinely believed in it.
I am passionate about flying helicopters so why aren't I famous? Because millions of people don't share my passion, & it was this mans ability to connect with millions which allowed him to champion the cause of endangered wildlife.

cl12pv2s - "He was an actor with a passion" - General consensus would agree that he was passionate but I don't believe he was acting. His display of enthusiasm was more than most of us would display but from accounts I have had it was definitely genuine. In saying that he knew how to use his enthusiasm to work a crowd.

NickLappos - Thanks for clearing that up. I saw a Heliwork WA Jetranger on one his shows so that backs up your statement!