PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 2
Thread: Aer Lingus - 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 17:51
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunate error there by EI; what was the reason for the average fare being underquoted? In any case, if EI declared the error, how can it be accused of lying. Clearly, FR isn't too interested in semantics!

I note see today that Airbus's CEO/MD has announced a freeze in recruiting, which would probably require staff being transferred to the 380 line, although I still find it hard to fathom why they would pole-axe the 330; with the 340 as good as dead and the 380 struggling, the 330 is the only element of their widebody line which is actually getting anywhere - and Airbus is going to put their r'ship with airline customers under threat - particularly airlines like EI, which are potential 350XWB/787 customers.

Obviously, I'd love EI to get 777s (and presumably any 777 deal would be a precursor to a 787 deal down the road), but how many is Boeing talking about? Two new (?) acft to replace the two being ordered for next May/June, or more, to replace the older 330s, which - despite their relatively young age - seem to be giving more and more reliability problems. (Finally, is there any common thread/cause for these breakdowns?)