PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200th infringement
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 14:10
AlanM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anonystude
Maybe next time I'll keep quiet and you can worry about that 7000 squawk that's skirting close to the base/sides of your CAS while your pen hovers unerringly over the infringement form...
Given that is what 90% of the traffic around our zone and below our TMA do.

And no, it doesn't worry me. The moment you come in though you get filed on. Simple.

When it is busy, our IFR traffic is quite simply at risk from Joe Bloggs Muppet in his light aircraft telling me he is going from A to B via C nowhere near me. Inevitably this happens when two light aircraft wanting to actually enter the zone to transit. The life story from Joe Bloggs means that the first two are unable to get cleared in (there is only so much RT time). So who loses out, the despondent 1 and 2 who end up saying "going around now"??

We probably get 80-90% of VFR traffic through the zone.... only blighted when the weather is bad or there are higher priority tasks precluding the transit.

Oh and if you are going to skirt the zone by 1/8th a mile as so many do, the IFR traffic may get TCAS RA on you irrespective of whether your Mode C of 2.4 is verified or not.