PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHQ Move Update
Thread: CHQ Move Update
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 10:38
Zithro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mead Pusher,

I wonder how long a 'short delay' would be until all the accommodation issues are sorted?

Office space at HW is being sorted now - I sit in a pretty good office and am moving somewhere else shortly, but I'm sure it will be equally as acceptable. As for living accommodation, across the RAF there are examples of good and bad accommodation. I'm not a works services person, but I can't imagine that any living accommodation is being upgraded until there is an absolute requirement for it to be done, and in HW's case that requirement has arrived.

I can't see realistically how delaying the project would have made it any better! When Support Cmd moved down from Brampton to Innsworth (that ages me!) some people got to live in the new OM, but plenty of others lived in what is now the Mess Annex, which was pretty poor as I remember. Nicholsons Drive hadn't been built at that ime, so the MQs were pretty hit or miss in the degrees of modernisation.

I can't help but think that moans about accommodation are red herrings - or rather outlets for a deeper dissatisfaction for having to move from Innsworth to HW. I have served at both HQs in the last 5 years and would really struggle to say that one was better than the other.

Happy to discuss