PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ: 4 crew on 737-800 next year?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 09:38
jetstarFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by priapism
No doubt this will be tried again in the future , particularly with the widespread development of the one class, low service model in Australia.
If I am not mistaken the 1:36 ratio has already been discussed, handshaken on, passed through the Senate and will be put in place as soon as the standard government paperwork is stamped and popped in a dusty storage facility.

It doesn't matter if you are full cost or low cost it is all about cost and driving the cost of the marketplace down.

It will mean that Jetconnect (Jetstar and Qantas) and the Virgin Blue equivilent will be able to do a couple of AUST domestic sectors before popping home to NZ.... Why ? because the cost is cheaper and they can do longer hours than the AUST based crew.

It's got nothing to do with how many tea and coffee services a 3 or 4 person crew can do or who has the better service or how many business class pax get a choice of how many hot meals...Our airline managers will operate us at the lowest possible cost.....

Levels or service are all down to the individual. We all know what impeccible service is and we all know what,"this is my 8th day in a row and I have been up since 4am and that man in 12F was the 18th man to abuse me today", service is..... Doesn't how many people are there... Makes our work load a bit easier thats all....

The biggests loser will be AUST Crew Wannabies who will find it harder to find a job based in Australia....

This is not all galley rumours either, the FAAA Domestic having been fighting to stop the 1:36 ration and the above has been their biggest fear.....

Oh well.....