PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Will work for free'
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 08:38
Edinburgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackcoffeenosugar
Hi guys and girls,
Originally Posted by Blackcoffeenosugar
Try this on for a thought. I have flown for airlines for over three years. With more than 1600hour JAR 25 and over 20tons, working for a flag carrier- I am told by my employer that I will remain on the T/Ps untill they run out of no-timers that pay their own ratings on our 73s.
Ten new F/O's started September 1st. When they have enough hours, they get upgraded to T/P Commanders- then back to the 73s.
As they need experienced F/Os on the "demanding" T/P operations with the no T/P experienced commanders, we are NOT accepted on the jets, even if we did pay our own ratings. As the company needs us as T/P F/Os.
The bond I signed is still running for another two years, and it does not reduce as time goes by.
Needless to say, the jet jocks get much better pay then we do..
Wish I had bought a rating- The diffence in pay, would have paid back the rating already. With no bond!!
F... I am Screwed arn't I??
Or- So says the Char-Char

Ok. I do not often post on PPrune, but felt a need this time.

Problem 1. YOU HAVE A JOB! Be thankful. I have 2000 hours with FAA and JAA licenses and the debt worthy of a small nation, but still after more than 1 year of looking noone will even take me for interview. I compete with lowtimers buying typeratings as well. So grow up and get on with your job and stop complaining.

Problem 2. YOU feel the company is not promoting you! Well the answer to your problem is simple. Pilots Organize in the company, like a Union, thats the only way you will get a saying in what the company does. Some companies do not hire direct entry captains, due to pressure from internal pilots, so what has to change is the company philosophy and they have to feel pressure from the pilots. DO NOT BLAME THE SELF SPONCERED LOW TIMERS, THEY ONLY DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGTH GIVE THEM A JOB.

All us pilots without jobs and money for typeratings, we depend on the help from our fellow pilots already in a job in the industry. We simply cannot get a chance unless you guys start doing something about the hireing process in your companies. Correct me if im wrong, but to me it seems like noone cares anyway, unless it affects their own opportunities?

So if you think you are "screwed" take a long hard look at my life and the many others in my situation.

Edinburgh, for a little while longer.