PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA Employment Conference 2nd Sept
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 00:32
matzpenetration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

BALPA are next to useless for wannabees.The conference is basically an opportunity for flight managers / recruiters / and ex servicemen now in recruitment to have a bit of a catch up and a bite to eat at our expense.

The IPA is a far better bet for low houred / newly qualified pilots. I have always found them very helpful when it comes to preparing CV's and providing info on selection procedures. I have maintained my membership of the IPA despite being in BALPA as I feel they would offer more assistance if I ever found myself out of work.

Good luck to all those looking for that first break. Don't allow yourselves to be limited by the handful of companies that CTC and OATS tell you to apply to. Use the IPA to find out about the hidden world of air taxi / air photography / cargo / survey work / instructing / corporate flying / MAF / Glider towing / Para dropping etc... The experience is invaluable and you can be logging hours whilst your mate from the same course wallows in self pity and disbelief wondering why BA / Virgin / BMI / GB.....haven't had the courtesy to invite him to an interview despite that fact he passed all his exams first time etc...!