PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AusFIC - Could THIS be the beginning of the demise of???
Old 4th Sep 2006, 23:43
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirate old son, I must beg to differ with your assertion that Aircircuses is all about service.
Mate, don't for a second think that I believe it's all about service; the message I'm getting from all the level three Managers out there working on this (I've spoken to at least 5 of them directly and 2 level two's) is that the service needs to improve to our core customers (Qustomers and the like) that must be a good thing; stop C152s stepping on B747 transmissions etc.

There of course is likely to be some undermining of the principles by those that sit above; the board when realising how much it's all going to cost in the cold light of day may change the Mantra quickly; but until more flesh is on the bones there won't be a change in the current principles.

Do I expect a change when it comes down to dollars and cents, absolutely, but until then I think that there is some real value in exploring further these ideas.

ECS is going to have about half the ATCs, RS about 40% and UAS about 5%. This makes UAS a real cash cow (50% of the revenue and 5% of costs...) Current charges for Oceanic and continental cruise is massive; if it's done with bugger all ATC then there is your first privatised ATC unit, but that's a whole other topic...

Enufsaid, I think the concept is bring all the other airspace here, not the otherway around... "global domination, mmmuuuhhhhaaawwwaaahhhh!"

TFNs hasn't impressed many, yet, and he does appear to be here on a short term basis and probably positioning himself to maximise his payout; rumours abounding elsewhere about new recruits for MAp (but I hear the Axe and TFN don't get along)...

The real joy of this adventure is when the CA expires only 14 months to go until negotiations start again (this is why the structure must be implace by mid next year). I'm wondering how many OMs will take the current AWAs on offer, I've never seen a more pissed-off bunch of managers... Worse than taking the car deal away...

Last edited by SM4 Pirate; 4th Sep 2006 at 23:48. Reason: edited to add the last paragraph...