PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RECRUITMENT IN USA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 22:43
Lifeguard2728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete. .. .Freighterman is right "Green Card" - Since Sept 11. .the INS are now looking into past work permits issued and any future permits to issued to foreign nationals wanting to get employment in the aviation industry to be based in the USA.. .. .I know this because I was employed by a compnay in the states from May 2001 to Oct 2001 until the INS decided to revoke my permit "reson for this was that a flight dispatcher position and an airline pilot position are not classified as "Professional Positions" must have people working at the INS who can't tell the front end to the back end of an aircraft.. .. .Anyway the FAA have implemented the 5 year rule which states:. .. ."Any foreigner wanting to work in the usa for a carrier or even in private aviation must hold american citizenship for 5 years b4 applying for any position".. .. .I spoke with the FAA airworthiness division of the FAA in oklahoma to get the confirmation on this.. .. .I got my FAA dispatch Lic same place where i got yours AFDTC DFW - Nov 2000. .. .Regards. .. .LG2728