PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 14:41
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev I Tin, STH

JSP 752 is now up to DII Version 4 dated 3 Aug 06.

The section 9.0203, sub para d, which I qouted from on Saturday now contains the following extra words, inserted between "....at that point." and "The appropriate rate ....":

"However, when a preparatory school ending at Year 8 (age 13) follows the National Curriculum, increases its fees at Year 7 (age 11/12) and considers that its final 2 years equate to the first 2 years of a senior school, the school will not attract the senior rate of CEA(Board). As a child would not be able to complete the senior/secondary stage of education at that school, the entitlement will only be to the junior rate of CEA(Board)."
(all bolds are mine).

I suspect that this is significant in at least one of your cases. I'm not sure how this rule would be interpreted where a prep school was associated with, but identifiably separate from, a senior school as part of the same umbrella school organisation, and the normal practice was for most of the prep school children to pass on to the senior school. There might be an exceptional case to say that the children were then completeing their secondary/senior stage of education within the same school, but that is a question you will have to put to the experts!

Bad news, I suspect, but I hope this helps.

Regards

Ginseng