PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad week for Australia
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 11:28
jetflite

Location: somedays in a helicopter, other days in a fixed-wing....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Movin' up - it seems you didn't understand my point after all....why lie? it's something so small!!!

Before judgeing someone you don't know...try getting to know there history,
Irritated animals....far from it...

Steve Irwin's history for those to read before blasting him
Movin' up this is for you,Just incase you still don't understand...

His exuberant and enthusiastic presenting style, broad Australian accent, constant wearing of khakis and catch-phrase "Crikey!" became known worldwide: The Crocodile Hunter aired in over 122 countries worldwide.

Under Irwin's expansive leadership, the operations grew to include the zoo, the television series, The Steve Irwin Conservation Foundation, and International Crocodile Rescue. Improvements to his Australia Zoo include the Animal Planet Crocoseum, the rainforest aviary, and Tiger Temple

In 2001 Irwin was awarded the Centenary Medal for his "service to global conservation and to Australian tourism". In 2004 he was nominated for Australian of the Year.

Irwin believed in promoting environmentalism by sharing his excitement about the natural world rather than preaching to people. He was concerned with conservation of endangered animals and land clearing leading to loss of habitat. He urged people to take part in considerate tourism and not support illegal poaching through the purchase of items such as turtle shells. He considered conservation to be the most important part of his work: "I consider myself a wild-life warrior. My mission is to save the world's endangered species."

He founded the Steve Irwin Conservation Foundation, which was later renamed Wildlife Warriors Worldwide, and became an independent charity