PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tonsillectomy and work?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 09:50
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low n' slow - Trust me, have 'em out mate. I'd been bugged by tonsillitis (and ear infections, both of which required lots of time off) since I was 18. An RAF doctor told me they would 'die off in the next few years'. Well, I'm glad I didn't join the RAF, cos she was well wide of the mark!

For various reasons, it took me until I turned 34 last year to convince a GP that I needed to see a consultant about them. When I told the consultant how I had to have Antibiotics adn two weeks off work about three times a year, he told me that if I wanted rid, I would be put on a waiting list. 5 months later, they came out (into hospital early one Sat morning, general anaesthetic and op done mid afternoon, out next morning and two weeks off to recover). I was told by the surgeon that it would be the most painful thing I've ever felt, well, it was no more painful than a bout of tonsillitis, but lasted for two weeks.

Best thing I ever did, since November last year, I've not had a day off work, no ear infections and not even a 'normal' sore throat. Oh yeah, and I'm sleeping better than I have in years!

Whip 'em out and say goodbye to your relationship with drugs, that's what I say!