PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 09:41
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online Training - Starts Today!!

Hi Ya guys!

Told ya that I wouldn't forget about you once I started flying!!! Today was my first day. I was the new kid on the block today - and everyone knew it too!!! I was shocking at the service and I messed up the safety demonstration - as I knew I would. Oh well. There is plenty of time as I get to do it all over again tomorrow and then Wednesday and Thursday!!!

I am absolutely knackered, so I will keep my comments short and sweet tonight, as I have just arrived home and want to go to sleep any time soon. I still have to pack for tomorrow's 3 day trip.

Ok - as promised, my continuation of the training diary.

Virgin Blue Online Training. Week 1 Day 1. First day.
September 4, 2006.

Well. What a day it has been for me. I was supposed to sign on this morning at 5.35, but because it was my first day, I was really anxious, so I got there at like 5.15. I saw a couple of people from my training group, and it was really strange that we were there all at the same time - but out of the classroom. Everyone was meeting their buddy. I didn't know what my buddy looked like, so when I got there, I saw one of my training friends, and she had a buddy who told me that my buddy had just walked in and was "over there". I walked up to my buddy and introduced myself. We went into the briefing and my crew was just sooooo ultra nice - I couldn't have asked for a nicer crew. They all wanted to make me feel at ease, as they could see my nerves.

My first flight was a Melbourne to Newcastle. I went up to the flight deck and sat in there for take off out of Melbourne. IT WAS SOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!! - Honestly you guys should try it some time!!! Then after we were airborne, I got out of the flight deck and watched from the safety of the back galley. It is amazing how quickly you want to jump up and do something, so I helped bring in the rubbish! My first task as a flight attendant... collecting rubbish! Nice one!

The second flight I had was Newcastle to Brisbane. I decided that it was time for me to get up and do my first safety demonstration. So, I went up the cabin and waited. If you have never flown Virgin before, they introduce the cabin crew members while they are standing there about to do the safety demo - so when the Cabin Supervisor got to me ... she said.."and in the middle we have STF (name witheld for obvious reasons) and, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is STF's very first day at Virgin Blue. I can tell you now, that my ears turned red and so did my face. I looked like a gigantic tomato! The red jumper didn't help either. I knew I should not have worn it today! Then the Cabin Supervisor didn't stop there... she continued by saying "STF, give everyone a big wave..." and by this time I was beside myself with embarassment - and now everyone is looking at me (even those people that never ever look at the safety demonstration) - I was the show - it seemed like the FREAK SHOW

So after I waved I couldn't do up my life jacket in time and then I couldn't find the tubes to blow into, and then the toggles got all tangled up, HOW EMBARASSING - and all these people watching me to see if I would stuff up on the first day.

OH WELL. Needless to say, I didn't do much else but hide all that flight - so I wouldn't have to answer too many questions!

My third and last flights were ok, but on the last flight, I decided I should give the service a try - and I did, but it didn't feel comfortable, I didn't know what to do first and ended up getting all muddled up. Never mind. It was my first day after all. My buddy told me a few pointers that I will try to remember for tomorrow, but other than that. That was pretty much my first day online. Tomorrow is the beginning of my 3 day trip. Tomorrow night I overnight in Sydney, and on Wednesday night I am overnighting in Coolangatta. I can't wait.

If I don't post tomorrow night, please understand that I am away, and probably no where near a computer. If I can get to one I will post - my second day online. If I can't, then I will post when I get back on Thursday night.

Hostee, get better soon darling - I can't wait to have you online!!!

Until then everyone else, take care!
STF