PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair CRJ crash in Kentucky
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 09:01
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btacon
and that is what the Tower's job is to do. Maintain perspective. On that day, they did not
….. with respect I think they did!! ….. perspective! …… do you genuinely think the ATC had any reason to think .. the accident event could possibly happen …. At night, one aircraft, one lit runway ….. what should they have looked for? … it is very likely the ATC may well have intented to look at the time the aircraft might have been expected to commenced roll 22!! ……. The ATC certainly did maintain the perspective!!
…. How many ATC’s do you need??? …. How do you limit their duties to enable them to look for the inconceivable all of the time ?? …. It is not possible ….
It is clear that had they maintained perspective, this would not be. But then again, if the PIC can F* up, why can't the lone tower controller?
…. No one has established that anyone (ATC or pilots) F* up! ….. in the end it will amount to a construct of innocuous factors that united to form a fatal error environment for experienced pilots! ….. that in my mind is not a F* up …. It is an environmental something … we each could have fallen for!
A valid question, and one that helps fit it all in the giant scheme of things
… questions … ermm … more like statements for mine