PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 4th Sep 2006, 08:21
jshg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The public can sleep easier in their beds now knowing that when going through Crew Security in CWL last week the soles of my SOCKS were closely inspected by the Goon on duty - naturally my shoes were x rayed as well as I stood there in my uniform & ID.
The nightmare of positioning by air before/after duty requires great thought too - my flight bag is acceptable world wide except in the UK so has to go in the hold where it's at risk of loss or theft (or damage). Apart from the stupidity of it all my hold bag was lost once last year - one of my crew members lost hers twice in a week - so my subsequent flight could be delayed/cancelled as a result.
I know BALPA is working on this - I understand a meeting with TRANSEC or some such was scheduled for last Wednesday but don't know if it happened. We have to keep expressing our anger until TRANSEC is made to admit its folly. And why should UK passengers be only allowed a tiny cabin bag when elsewhere the world is (relatively) sane?