PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Frost Protection over Vineyards.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 01:19
ems300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EMS R22
When it is Frost season in NZ just about every machine in the country is used !
Good fun if your on a vineyard with a good bunch of guys talking S T all night .
Head starts to slump in the wee hours of the morning but if you have someone beside you giving you a nudge , its not to bad.
Top tip for frost is having a tidy shiela sitting next to you. Every now and then get to reach over and give you " cyclic " a tap !
EMS R22.
Last year on one single night there was 56 machines in Blenheim alone(from memory). they came from everywhere and there was a half hour wait at the fuel pumps( looked impressive though 10-15 machines lined up waiting at any one time).
One bit of advice is get in early and then you don't have to wait so long for gas!!plus the guy in tower gives up as well sometimes because it gets very busy quickly!!
As for the talking s t one, well we all no that no pilot talks s t!! but if you have the right radio channel like one lot that i know, you can order up taxis from the town and try and talk them into delevering pizza to you!!but if there is a few of you on the one channel then it can get interesting as the night slow goes bye!!
Then look out again first thing in the morning, it is a mad rush outta there for everyone in every direction!!

I didn't know you took your misses with you last year? i thought you said you had your pet chihuahua with you!! did you get that to tap your stick?