PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground Training Services Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 21:59
aerobatic sean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTS CPL distance learning course

Any students ? - present and past of GTS.
I wish to get any feed back on the GTS ( Ground Training Service) in Bournemouth. I wish to study for the CPL Theory exams - as I wish to instruct in the future.
I have been impressed with my dealings with GTS so far - very expierenced instructors and prompt replies to queries. I would plan to use their CPL course and then subscribe to all other ATPL forums/ question banks etc - using all resources out there. There seem to be some highly recommended schools - Bristol , Cranfield , CATS etc etc - but only GTS does CPL tailored courses - leaving out the two extra ATPL subjects.

Any thoughts on this school - and any other suggested resources for pre ATPL / CPL studies - databases,books etc. Maths and Physics particularly . I have read repeatedly on Prrune of the need to be sh-t hot on the CRP 5 ( or similiar) wizz wheel.
By the way - in a pilot shop recently ( I have a quiet life) - I did 3 examples of wizzwheel questions on the much suggested CRP 5 and also on my two wizzwheels - an alloy ASA EB 6 and an Aviat 617 wizzwheel - the Aviat 617 is much clearer and easier to read than the CRP 5 - and got the right answer !! So I dont feel the need to buy yet another wizzwheel - much as I marvel at them - call me old fashioned !

many thanks