PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you know about SACTA???
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 16:59
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEXIL160
So everything is rosy then?
Everything has a challenge and some projects are more challenging than others.
But thats the point. If the kit is poor no-one seems to be taking any notice because of the drive to meet the schdedule, the thall shalt not miss schedule. No one seems to have the guts to pull the plug. See EFPS and EGLL.
And if the kit proves to be poor in operation and the audit trail shows that management were aware of the deficiencies its those managers who will pay the price, quite literally for some as their bonuses will be lost. NATS is now more business focussed than its been in its entire history and there are professional business managers who won't tolerate poor implementation of projects just to meet a date. As witness iFACTS which has slipped a year now. So they could also lose their jobs as well as their bonus.
Yeah, well it would, wouldn't it. I'm a mere operational ATCO, and what would I know?
You know your job and your job, with the greatest respect, isn't in projects.
BTW was DATALAND on SIS one of yours? I'm guessing it was.
LOL! You've got a fixation on yea olde NERC project. Nothing to do with me but coincedentally I was talking about it with one of its authors last week. The problem with it was in its implementation. It was designed to be dynamic but SIS is a static system DOH! Thats why its so pathetic but by the time they realised that it was too late to take it out as would have required a change to the code, so it was left in.

BD