PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about F215's
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 16:54
Wrong Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bookworm
I think that's a needless loss of information, but compared to some of the other shortcomings of the "new and improved" F215, it's no big deal.
I found both the consultation process and subsequent comments provided through the Met Office "Feedback" once they came into use rather disappointing. Despite taking some time providing them with the feedback they requested, in neither case did I receive anything beyond a cursory acknowledgement. More to the point, the F215s we now get seem to be exactly the same as those published at the beginning of the consultation, implying that none of the feedback has ever resulted in any changes and the consultation process was just for show.

Bookworm, you seem to at least have got some sort of explanation out of them for the retrograde changes we seem to have to live with. I remember you also mentioned the removal of freezing levels from the graphic and the use of XXX for levels above 10,000 feet in your initial response. Did they provide any reasonable excuse for these changes?