PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desert Storm Wild Weasel tales?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 15:05
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Cruces,

The USAF has no monopoly for own side goals.....your side does it as well. When masses of troops and aircraft get involved in a slanging match with a herd of bad guys....things get confused sometimes. Tragic as it is....that is the nature of warfare. Check out the advances the US Military has made in trying to minimize those kinds of incidents.

Does it not strike you as being a bit over the top for the very first comment in the thread is one that talks ill of someone? I have had RAF FJ's do the same to me more than a few times while trundling off to an oil rig or hauling MOD folks on the Rassay Sound Sub range. I never filed a complaint on any of them and took it in good humour although I thought it a bit annoying after about the fifth time.

There probably is not a FJ pilot around that has not done something similar in their flying career.....used to be that was part of the normal make-up of a FJ pilot I thought.

Thinking of things past....I guess Discipline at all costs is better than some idle Polish Chit Chat.

If that were the case then the Tankers would never violate the rules and fly into the outbound guys running short of fuel.

So which would you have....Blind Discipline or pilots that use their noggins for more than a hat rack? I always thought we were in this together....no matter the aircraft, service, or nationality.

As to your being offended....get over it....the only one that is getting stressed is you.