PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you know about SACTA???
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 14:51
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEXIL160
Sorry can't let this pass...
.... but then those problems are IGNORED in NERL because fixing them isn't expedient, or would mean some sort of delay or re-budget. Yes, I am am on the shop floor, not the fluffy world of the fourth floor, and that IS how it REALLY is.
All the claptrap about how NERL "listens" is just that, claptrap. Believe anything else and you are fooling yourself.
I'm sorry Bexil but your view differs to mine and I'm working on several projets delivering to LACC. Lets take the example of the workstation upgrades which have literally just started but should have started in April. Delayed due to problems. I can't help but wonder if the NERC move has somewhat skewed your view?
More b**locks. It's NEVER too late to stop a program and revert to what actually works. It does however put egg on the faces of those so important managers and that will never do, will it?
It can be too late at times, in the case of actually going into shadow mode then it is too late IF you're going to meet the implementation schedule. There would be much more egg on managers faces if:
a) What was implemented didn't work.
and/or
b) What was implemented caused a service delivery impact which was ongoing (ie it was worse than the thing it replaced).

BD