PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 14:42
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Musket,

Rattler 27 assures me the cockpit workload for the guys flying out of PHC these days far exceeds what we used to years ago. The volume of traffic has picked up and there is much more "conflicting traffic" than in those years. It seems the ATC folks (now thats a joke in itself) have not made things any easier....loads of radio calls all right on top of another to three different ATC units.

Even in the old days I hated flying into PHC as compared to Warri or Eket.

Some CHC pilots are saying it takes almost two years to get fully comfy with all of the locations that are mentioned on the radio.

When I left the first time in 94....we were trying to get the powers to be to create an airways setup so we could channelize traffic and avoid a lot of the conflicts but that has yet to happen.

Being a Southerner....I am not sure I can talk that fast to make all the required calls...plus my delight in telling ATC to standby after waiting on him for five minutes to respond after telling me to standby (and no other chatter going on)....I probably would not get along well in that system.