PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST
Thread: BELFAST
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 13:07
Danmadole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

CONTINENTAL:
Travelled ex-BFS on the CO 757 to & fro Newark in August. Packed to the rafters both directions and got offered $500 at Newark to take another flight home. I would have accepted only there wasnt another flight till the next evening and accommodation wasn't part of the deal.
I've noticed arrivals into BFS are regularly delayed now. I can only put this down to capacity issues at Newark. We left stand 15 minutes before departure time and finally took off 1hr 40 minutes later!!! Some serious queues of aircraft waiting to depart and if the weather changes the whole thing goes belly up. So I cant see CO pushing for another slot when Newark seems to be bursting at the seams. B767 or B777 to BFS is more likely but have they got the spare aircraft?
RYANAIR
When is this never-ending story going to end Cant ever see them coming to BFS without extra terminal space..... Have you ever seen how many aircraft are on stand at BFS during peak times..... particularly Saturday am.
BHD seems more likely but only if the old terminal could be transformed. But I suspect there would be more lucrative areas for RYR expansion long before they'd even consider a dodgy old terminal with not too many 738w equipped stands, a shorter r/w than LDY and a curfew.
I suppose as long as RYR aren't in the Belfast marked, there'll always be rumours!
UPS/STARAIR
Anyone heard how they are going with their 6-month trial at BFS? By the look of the rotation point of those B767's they ain't carrying too much