PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AusFIC - Could THIS be the beginning of the demise of???
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 09:49
Shitsu_Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return to Shareholder.

Well, we all know there is only one - and supposedly that shareholder is 'employed' by all of us.

Nice theory. A post from another forum about this structure:

You describe what is essentialy the problem with most (real) businesses in Australia and indeed around the world.

Overpromising and under-delivering with the exit strategy of the golden parachute is the disease that many CEO's are infecting previously sound organisations with.

Imagine if Airservices was a real business and we actually had a shareprice to measure market sentiment? I wonder where it would have moved over the past 2 years or so?

I don't think TFN* is a fool - he is just working within the parameter he has been given - given by those to whom you probably refer (i.e. who are the idiots?).

Is it that we are really stuck with this zero-net-gain scenario as long as we continue to be a pretend business? i.e. not private and not government. Telstra is another example where the executive are stuck in an impossible position, however they have taken on their (currently) majority masters in a very public attempt to rectify the problem. The executive of Airservices have no personal interest in such courage. But would we be better being simply a government department again? In my view that is a tricky question. I think we might actually be even more politicised, and possibly even more bloated with Canberra parasites.
*TFN = Greg Russell - CEO of ASA.

Will be interesting to see if ATC's are 'consulted' or told. There is one definite fact that you can take to the bank - current ATC numbers can not take a cut in numbers and continue even their current duties - they are unable to cover their current duties with existing numbers without significant overtime, and even cancelled recreation leave. This does not take in to account acquiting outstanding recreational leave and sufficient training time for new projects (such as SDE). To then suggest that AUSFIC functions will be 'integrated' (or whatever weasel word you wish to choose) in to the ATC roles leaves only one possible outcome - the AUSFIC functions will cease to be - either that or the ATC functions will cease to be.

Even ICAO think it is a nonsense.