PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RedBull AirFarce
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 08:01
747-436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was free last year but I guess as thousands turned up Red Bull decided that they could make a nice bit of money out of this one. Now they won't make any because of the weather.

Longleat is a fantastic location but the roads near by are not up to that amount of traffic unfortunatly.
Didn;t go yesterday as I was working but went last year. As I said in another post myself and a friend last year decided to walk halfway home from the venue, parents live 3 miles away, and got my Dad to pick us up from a country lane near longleat (Car went with some other friends). It was so much quicker getting out as we were home within 30 mins of leaving!

I think if they are doing it next year they should drop the rule that you can only come in by car. It would mean that those of us that live near by could come in by bike or foot leaving a bit more space on the roads for those that live further away.
If I had gone this year would have tried to get in on foot, having lived near Longleat since 1988 and on and off since 1998 I know enough ways around the woods to be able to do that!!

Didn;t think too much of the TV coverage, what were the big brother people doing there?!!!!