PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman ATC recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 06:32
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't lived in Oz for four years so don't know what the recent tax cuts were, but if like the ones that came in with GST, it will be a case of giving with one hand and taking with the other (eg. Bring in GST and promise to abolish stamp duty, but then stamp duty remains and so no better off).

TinPusher, there are two employment options here. One is with Serco, but they have limited vacancies, but overall probably the more attractive package (just), mainly cos as a person new to the Middle East they do the visas, and give you a place to live (but the cost of that is deducted from your salary along with utility costs). I would hate to come to the UAE and have to live in a hotel while trying to find a place to live, while training on a very challenging chunk of airspace (and finding accomodation here is not easy). The other option is direct hire with GCAA (the local authority), and is the same money but is very much, "heres your money, now you are on your own".

I don't have the contact addresses at hand but if you search a bit on PPRUNE earlier threads I am sure they have been posted before. Let me know if you don't have any luck.