PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Do You Take Care Of Yourself Being CC?
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 00:08
eidah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there some advice I always drink pleanty of water as you do get dehydrated. Also you do find you become a bit deaf: I have been cabin crew for nearly 4 years now and I seem to have to get passengers to repeat things also I have the tv louder than most people at home..For skin to keep me refreshed I use facial spray its very good, and hand cream is an essential as well.
I dont really suffer from blocked ears or ear problems but I know of cc who have. You could try a nasal spray.
You can try support tights/socks to prevent varicose veins. Though cc tend to be on their feet alot and excercise helps.
You do have to realise that most cabin presure depending on a/c type is presurised to 8000ft roughly so thats like working at the height of a mountain so thats why you will probably find you are more tired than usually.
With the recirculated air you find your skin dries out but also in the first few months of being cc you will probably end up with a cold or fever due to dirty passengers and all there germs being passed to everyone in the cabin so you tend to get ill. However after a while your body gets use to this. Take lots of vitamin c supplements!