PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 22:45
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev I Tin

I am looking at JSP 752 Edition 1 dated 1 Jun 06. Adimittedly it is not the most current edition (4?), which I can't check until next week, but I do not think that Chapter 9 (Education Allowances) has changed significantly since Edition 1. Quotes:

DEFINITIONS

09.0109 Stages of Education. For the purpose of CEA, a child's education is broken down into 3 distinct stages set out below. the age of the child at which each satge commences may vary with the school attended but in general, junior or preparatory school ceases between the ages of 11 and 13...... (my bold)

09.0203 Rates and Conditions of Payment. The rate of CEA(Board) is determined by the stage of education being undertaken .....

d. Different education allowance rates apply for preparatory and middle/senior schools. Junior rates will be paid for children attending primary, junior or preparatory schools. Senior rates will be paid for children attending secondary/senior schools. Where, however, a school covers more than one stage of education and has asubstantial increase in fees for those entering Year 7 (normallt age 11/12), and there is evidence that the National Curriculum is being followed, the Senior Rate of of CEA(Board) will be paid fromthe beginning of year 7 (start of Autumn term). Schools which do not increase their fees in year 7 will not attract the senior rate at that point. The appropriate rate of CEA(Board) payable is indicated as a code on the Accredited Schools Database (ASD) and any questions on entitlement should be staffed to JPAC Pay and Allowances Casework Cell (PACC).

Seems to depend on whether your children are attending the "same" school which covers both preparatory and senior stages. Whether this means under the same roof exactly is not abundantly clear. However, you now have the information on which to base further questions. I will check the latest version for any pertinent changes next week.

Jesus! Reading JSPs late on a saturday night! I must be a sad b*****d!

Regards

Ginseng