PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RedBull AirFarce
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 22:14
hobbit1983
Professional Student

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did anyone else get stuck on the wrong side of the bridge (the only way across the river) whilst the local security/police stopped *everyone* from going across said bridge through to the aircraft viewing area (cos as it was the only thing to see, therefore every bugger was trying to get in there) & blue/green carparks on the other side.

The only problem was....I think most people just wanted to go home by this point! I'd been there since 0900, and the chances of the event happening were looking grim. But cos the pit area was clogged, they stopped anyone from moving across.

So having decided at 1500 that the thing was a no-show, me & a few others (like say 1000 or so) wanted to get back to our cars on the other side of the bridge, and go post-haste, but no-one was allowed to do so! For 45 min...

Cue a lot of angry, wet, annoyed punters clashing with police. I think one guy got carted off, and someone else swam the river...

Having said that, they couldn't control the weather. And they did refund everyone (or are going to). But the transport infrastructure?