PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST
Thread: BELFAST
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 20:15
BHDflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NWSRG
This little corner of the world is getting busy...

So, we have...

BMI withdrawing (maybe) or returning to BFS (more likely)...

Air Berlin maybe going to BFS...

FR coming to BHD?

Globespan starting to Orlando (definite)

CO increasing flights to Newark (or going 762 / 763 if they can find one spare...maybe a 787 in the near future...ok, that's a leap too far)

Possibly another transatlantic operator...my money would be on Toronto, but with who? Or maybe Delta to Atlanta?

Wizz Air to three Eastern European destinations...

Did I miss anything?

All good news (apart from the FR business, as I'm still fuming about my recent Dublin - Salzburg experience, but I must learn not to carry grudges!)

Hope with all this fun, the good ATC staff in "lil Norn Iron" will still have some room for a little Cherokee!!
In my opinion, bmi are more likely to withdraw from Northern Ireland if there is ongoing unprofitability. Belfast International airport does not have the room to build brand new state of the art business and diamond club lounges with an airbridge, nor would it have the money due to all of it being wasted on retail. If you picture after security at BFS you would know that the area that used to be the business and diamond club lounges is now a Cafe Paul Rankin and wine bar, and that the surrounding area is completely shops and other restaurants. Picture it 5 years ago and you would have thought that another Alton Towers could be built here! If bmi do give up BHD-LHR aer lingus would have to step in, or if not the government would have to get down on thier knees and beg Willie Walsh