PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA Employment Conference 2nd Sept
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 20:14
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was useful, to an extent. I think most airlines there were after more experienced guys, except BMI Baby and Jet2.com.

I met quite a few recruiters from the airlines, and had a good chat with a BA captain, as well as mingling with many others. The RAF put in a big presence with 70 guys & gals looking to get into civvy street.

Flybe moved beyond the reach of many when Cheese declared that you must have 750 hrs TT if you graduated more than 12 months ago. Their new on-line application will open 1st Oct. I think they'll struggle, as Easy Jet and others made it pretty clear that there are easier routes into their airlines.

All the others mentioned OATS numerous times for their choice of low houred pilots. When I spoke to the various representatives, they tended to confirm that they went to CTC or OATS to get their low houred guys.

Virgin Atlantic declared they had recently visited OATS with a view to starting a cadet scheme for cruise pilots.

Balpa provided a useful pack with contact details for airlines now recruiting.

Unless I had significantly more experience, I wouldn't go back for next year, but all in all it was an OK experience.