PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RedBull AirFarce
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 20:12
Daifly

Er, not just the accident...

We left home (for the 72 miles drive) at 08:30. We parked up at 11:30. Lots worse than last year, but last year they let you come off the A303 where Longleat's signposted, not miles before at the A36(?) junction and then winding roads all the way in (plus loads of roundabouts - the scourge of free flowing traffic). We didn't see an accident, so the journey was no better really before the smack.

As for the weather, well, pants, but that's not Red Bull's fault! What they should have done was think that 60,000 people are probably going to want to do something other than watch low clouds and the occasional TV/Weather helicopter flying around - there was nothing to do other than the static Army Air Corps Historic flight - nice, but not *that* amazing to look at. As the for the pit lane walk - thoroughly pathetic. They let one huge load in and that was it, but being standard Brits we all queued anyway (getting more and more tetchy but not really saying anything). But funnily enough, if you only have one entrance and exit (combined) then you're not going to be able to get a throughput of people are you!?

As for the car park farce on leaving, well all I can say is 100% effort from the guys on the final exit gate for funneling in 8 lanes in a fantail into one, but more effort in getting a logical exit system should have been made.

And as for the tw*t in the Vauxhall Vectra 2.0i bought from an Audi garage - I hope you impressed your wife and kids with your cutting up antics. You nearly got a road rage of 4 angry, cold, wet and fed up blokes wanting to point out the error of your ways (we followed you for about 10 miles so you should remember us...) - and to the chavscum in the Fiesta (not that that narrows it down at this event), didn't your Mum ever tell you that dropping litter was bad? You sat there eating wrapped sweets and chucking all the papers out the window, empty coke bottles and everything. You also nearly got the 4 angry, cold, wet, fed up and community spirited blokes pointing out the error of your ways.

Think next year I'll watch it on the telly.

Good choice in Steve Rider commentating (mainly on the weather, but he was good). Also, I did see Pete and Nikki off Big Brother. My life is nearly whole now..

Longleat was a stunning venue last year (nice weather) but the traffic, crowd control and the ground events are pants. Don't think that you can correct the traffic other than by moving it though...